Monday, May 13, 2013

Cookbook Series I - BHG New Crockery Cooker

My quest to make all the recipes in this cookbook. I may skip the beverage section being that it almost summer and the beverages are for the cold season.

First up - Pot Roast Dinner
With any recipe you have to alter it, to make it your own. Instead of tomato juice, I used a couple of cans of diced tomato. I didn't use a teaspoon sugar, but thought it would taste better if I used a tablespoon brown sugar. Also I opted four 2 quartered onions instead of 6 boiling potatoes. After adding all ingredients I thought it looked a little dry, so I then added a cup of water.
Big mistake adding a tablespoon brown sugar. The whole thing was too sweet. I may have to eat the rest with sourdough bread to counteract. I would skip the sugar altogether. The cup of water was unnecessary and I ended up sieving out the excess.
Overall it was okay. 3 out of 5. I will not make this version of pot roast ever again. Here's a better recipe from the BHG website. CLASSIC POT ROAST

No comments:

Post a Comment