Saturday, April 26, 2014

Check In Hour 9

Currently at my local library where I started The Moments the Minutes the Hours Poetry by Jill Scott
        Pretty much done and I must say it was an okay selection. 3 out of 5. A book club selection I would never had read otherwise. It's funny as a college student I was obsessed with poetry, now I can barely stomach it. Still loves childrens poetry though.


Mini Challenge
This food inspiration comes from "A Discovery of Witches" by Deborah Harkness
Matthew has diet very similar to a wolf and his indulgence is fine wine.
Starter: 
Warmed Nuts - sauteed in oil with shallots, rosemary, brown sugar and cayenne
Spiced Wine
Camembert 

Main:
Hasenpfeffer and brown bread
Burgundy

Dessert:
Apple crisp with baked brie

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read A Discovery of Witches but still haven't found the time yet. It sounds like you are doing quite well with the read-a-thon so far! GREAT JOB! I hope that you are having fun while reading lots of good books :)

    Happy Reading!

    *Team Wordsworth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never have been a poetry person but I like this book. Discovery diet...Nice!!! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you're reading at your library. That's terrific. Happy reading! #teamwordsworth

    ReplyDelete