Sunday, September 15, 2013

Happy 30th Birthday to Me

Minnie Mouse cake I made. Pretty good for an amateur. I used made marshmallow fondant which is very good and easy.

I read this book:
Happy Birthday to MeHappy Birthday to Me by Brian Rowe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was like an 80's movie. Which is a good thing or maybe it's a bad thing. I expected something a bit more contemporary and I just found this story to be mundane and unimaginative. Like a previous reviewer said, I was reminded of Beastly. I picked this solely based on the title because my birthday was approaching. Never had I expected to be reading a supernatural tale with a life lesson. It surprised me and with it feeling like it would have made a great 80's movies I enjoyed it, but it wasn't well developed.

View all my reviews
 I went to the movies and saw:
The World's End (2013) Poster
I don't even need to elaborate on how funny this was. In my opinion Pegg and Frost can do no wrong. And Paddy Considine "hubba hubba". 8 out of 10.

Got my free goody from Sephora and then went to Ulta to get my brows waxed.
Apparently the Benefit Brow Bar at all Ulta's is no longer giving away free birthday waxings. That sucks and I wish the phone number for the brow bar was posted on the website so I could have called and checked, which I was gonna do. That pissed on my mood because for the last few weeks I have let my brows grow wild in anticipation of a waxing and at the same time I had a toothache, plus this mom and her 2 daughters at the brow bar just rubbed me the wrong way.
Closed the evening with a dinner out at Truxtons with a hearty chicken burrito and key lime cheesecake.

Birthday boots will have to wait till next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment