Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Book Review

Dark Origins (Level 26, #1)Dark Origins by Anthony E. Zuiker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So to start off, the only reason I wanted to read this book is because of True Blood. The man on TB that played Marcus Bozeman (Dan Buran) played Steve Dark in the videos. This is not the typical sort of book I would pick up, but I do like twisted stories. The writing isn’t terrible like some seem to think. There are plenty of literary figures who write worse than this and I enjoyed the book, story, plot, characters. I suppose it was a bit cliché and there were major errors that one could point out, but it was enjoyable. My only gripe with the book was the videos. They weren’t necessary to the novel. Most of the videos weren’t even accurate. Example Cyber Bridge 3 with the Dark Arts agents wearing masks even though he already knows what they look like. Bridge 15, just after she was abducted and was wearing pajamas on the table and looked completely unharmed although she just came from a car wreck which required multiple surgeries and minutes before he cut her face. You don’t need to watch the videos. I will pass on the rest of the series, but I am glad to have read it, because it was entertaing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment