Monday, January 13, 2014

A History of Stone and Steel Book Review

A History of Stone and SteelA History of Stone and Steel by Christopher Fisher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
While I took my time finishing this book, I enjoyed it very much. For a Christian fiction book, it wasn’t boring or corny like almost every one I’ve read is. Maybe it’s the grittiness and bluntness and the fact that not all Christian Americans are crazy zealots that made is appealing.
An easy summary is Paul Keppel is going through a mid-life crisis and has a dying grandfather an on-the-brinks marriage and is unsatisfied with his job at a university. Though all of this he we get a retelling of a time in his past working at a steel mill and how it is affecting him now. While working at the university he becomes friends with a student named Gary and they have their exploits. Gary was one of my favorite characters in the book, just for his willingness to do and be bad. One can’t deny the power of Grandpa Todd and his presence throughout the novel. The grandfather just plagues him at every turn.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment